Just Play are effectively your team captain and look after everything to do with the experience of you and your team. We have relationships with venue partners and competitions that we refer to as our 'partners' and this article explains who does what.
We at Just Play ARE responsible for:
- Your individual registration and placing you in a team
- The registration of your team with one of our partners
- The payment of all game fees for the season, including any finals matches
- Your weekly game lineup, as well as finding fill-in players
- Communicating the details of your game with you (and any changes to this)
- Providing your playing top and informing you of any other uniform requirements
- Helping to create the best possible atmosphere in your team, as well as dealing with any issues that arise.
We ARE NOT responsible for (these are handled by our partners):
- The creation of the fixture and what game times you and your team are given
- The physical venue where your games are played
- The referees / umpires / venue staff / competition rules where you play
- Stadium entry fees* (*only in place at 3 of our 100+ venues).
- Uniform requirements, such as shin guards being compulsory, or shorts having to be plain black without any logos or pockets etc.
- The grading of your team within a competition
- The allocation of bye's within a competition
- Finals qualification requirements
- The delaying of the season start date (this can sometimes happen due to delays with the season before or a venue issue etc)
- The cancellation of games due to weather (more about the weather)
- Social events run by partners that you may be invited to as part of your participation in the competition.
Just Play only partner with the best possible venues and competitions with the goal that the aforementioned items will be handled in a professional manner. We like to clarify how these responsibilities are broken down, but we also want to stress that we will always represent you and all our Just Play teams regarding any of these items in the way a normal team captain would do (for example, if a fixture is grossly unfair then we will contact the venue in an attempt to have it changed).
What are you responsible for:
- Ensuring your RSVP is accurate and updated as per our RSVP guidelines
- Arriving 5-10 minutes prior to the game start time
- Sharing playing time with other players as per our substitution guide
- Being friendly and inclusive towards others. Remember that time not so long ago when all you wanted was to be part of a team?